e have the world’s largest and most efficient NGO in India. Its name is KALINGA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCE.
Amazing facts about it:
- It provides accommodation, study, career development, and healthcare to 25,000 tribal students (who would be otherwise forced to beg for survival) each year at its integrated residential campus located in Bhubaneswar.
- Its students are educated from kindergarten to post-graduate level at the KISS school and the associated KISS college for higher education.
- The students from this institute have achieved remarkable results in almost every exams. Be it the BOARDS, IIT-JEE, CA-CPT and what not!
- This institute focuses and spends its resources on sports. One of the students had almost made it to Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Six girls were selected as probables in Indian Women’s Team for Asian Women 7’s Rugby Championship to be held in Mumbai.
- He’s the Rugby star from India from this institute.
- It began with 125 tribal students and some financial support from the ministry of tribal affairs.
- It prepares food for 25,000 students, everyday and it is therefore counted as one of the India’s mega kitchen.
- It has its own waste management system. It generates bio-gas by the organic waste which is supplied at its own kitchen.
- It uses solar energy to light the fans and LEDs.
- The dining hall is spread in acres and these 25,000 students visit it 3 times a day to eat their meals.
- The campus has a specialised serene place:
- The Director:
- The foundation follows what it calls the “Art of Giving”, a humanitarian and philanthropic concept of simple living and high thinking.
It has shown what revolution can education and healthcare bring amongst the poorest of the poor! 🙂
content : google selection